Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thing 2 - What is Web 2.0 and Why Should I Care

Web 2.0 is a new Internet tool, with so many different things to use that I haven't had time to explore them all. I am excited about what I have seen so far but also trying to find how we can use these things in our library. I am trying to find time everyday to spend exploring Web 2.0 and Library 2.0.

I care because the world is getting away from using print. Everything is being done on computers using information and materials found on the internet.

We have to know how to help our patrons. Our library is located in a very rural area and we are not affected right away by new technology. I hope to keep up with and be prepared for the needs of our patrons.

1 comment:

Jennifer O'Neill said...

I like the way you are thinking ahead about your patrons' needs.